- 2021 July 5. “Mapping Korea: The Carpenters and the Trajectory of Korean American Youth Literature.” Hollins Graduate Programs in Children’s Literature. (virtual)
- 2021 March 23 @ 12:00-1:00 CST. “Advocacy and Infographics: Doing the Work for Diversity in Youth Literature and Librarianship.” University of Illinois iSchool Center for Children’s Books 75th Anniversary Series. Virtual.
- 2021 February 18 @ 3:00-4:00 CST. “Asian American Children’s Literature: Possibilities and Pitfalls.” Baker Diversity Lecture Series. Virtual.
- 2020 November (panelist). National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) convention. Virtual.
- 2020 November 12. (lecture). “(Re)presenting Korea: The Carpenters and the White American Imaginary.” University of Illinois iSchool Children’s Book Center Gryphon Lecture. Virtual.
- 2020 October 24. (keynote). International Symposium on Asian Children’s Literature. Wuhan, China. Virtual.
- 2020 October 15. Invited panelist with Ebony Elizabeth Thomas and Philip Nel. “Racism and the Need for Diversity in the Canon of Stories for Children.” Theatre for Young Audiences conference. Virtual.
- 2020 August 18. “The Next Page: Diversity in Children’s Literature and Impacts on Family Health.” Reach Out and Read MN. Virtual.
- 2020 July (lecture). Hamline MFAC Summer Residency.
- 2020 July (keynote and workshops). Children’s Literature Summer School. Antwerp, Belgium.
- 2020 May 1. Lee, Erika and Sarah Park Dahlen (webinar). “Confronting Xenophobia and Supporting Asian and Asian/Pacific American Communities during COVID-19.” Asian Pacific American Librarians Association and the American Library Association Office for Diversity, Literacy, and Outreach Services. See the “COVID-19 Anti-Asian Racism Resources for K-12” document I created for this webinar.
Podcasts & Other Media
- 2021 Feb 2. Yang, Hannah. “‘Finding My Voice’: Hibbing Native’s YA Novel Reissue Connects with New Generation of Readers.” Minnesota Public Radio.
- 2020 August. “The Power of Stories.” Scholastic. Virtual.
- 2020 July 9. Tang, Terry. “Asian American Girls Saw Pivotal Icon in ‘Baby-Sitters Club.’” Associated Press.
- 2020 May 4. Florence, Debbi Michiko, Sayantani DasGupta, and Sarah Park Dahlen. “Teen Scene Featuring Debbi Michiko Florence and Sayantani DasGupta.” The Loft Wordplay festival.
- 2020 April 29. Won, Jerry and Sarah Park Dahlen. “034 // Sarah Park Dahlen // Associate Professor of Library and Information Science // Children’s Books For All Children.” Dear Asian Americans podcast
- 2019 Nov 26. Moran, Lydia. “Of Mirrors and Windows.” Minnesota Women’s Press.
- 2019 July 31. “Learning Together.” Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center. See also festival organizer Lawrence-Minh Bui Davis’ interview and Washington Post coverage of the festival
- 2018 April 13. “Sarah Park Dahlen.” Asian America: The Ken Fong Podcast.
- 2017 Nov 8. Bloom, Sam. “RWW Interviews: Sarah Park Dahlen.” Reading While White.
Work with Publishers
- Expert reader (sensitivity reader)
- Stand Up, Yumi Chung! (Jessica Kim) discussion guide
- Front Desk and Three Keys (Kelly Yang) discussion guide