- 2021 July 5. “Mapping Korea: The Carpenters and the Trajectory of Korean American Youth Literature.” Hollins Graduate Programs in Children’s Literature.
- 2021 March 23 @ 12:00-1:00 CST. “Advocacy and Infographics: Doing the Work for Diversity in Youth Literature and Librarianship.” University of Illinois iSchool Center for Children’s Books 75th Anniversary Series.
- 2021 February 18 @ 3:00-4:00 CST. “Asian American Children’s Literature: Possibilities and Pitfalls.” Baker Diversity Lecture Series.
- 2020 November (panelist). National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) convention.
- 2020 November 12. (lecture). “(Re)presenting Korea: The Carpenters and the White American Imaginary.” University of Illinois iSchool Children’s Book Center Gryphon Lecture.
- 2020 October 24. (keynote). International Symposium on Asian Children’s Literature. Wuhan, China.
- 2020 October 15. Invited panelist with Ebony Elizabeth Thomas and Philip Nel. “Racism and the Need for Diversity in the Canon of Stories for Children.” Theatre for Young Audiences conference.
- 2020 August 18. “The Next Page: Diversity in Children’s Literature and Impacts on Family Health.” Reach Out and Read MN.
- 2020 July (lecture). Hamline MFAC Summer Residency.
- 2020 July (keynote and workshops). Children’s Literature Summer School. Antwerp, Belgium.
- 2020 May 1. Lee, Erika and Sarah Park Dahlen (webinar). “Confronting Xenophobia and Supporting Asian and Asian/Pacific American Communities during COVID-19.” Asian Pacific American Librarians Association and the American Library Association Office for Diversity, Literacy, and Outreach Services. See the “COVID-19 Anti-Asian Racism Resources for K-12” document I created for this webinar.
Podcasts & Other Media
- 2021 Feb 2. Yang, Hannah. “‘Finding My Voice’: Hibbing Native’s YA Novel Reissue Connects with New Generation of Readers.” Minnesota Public Radio.
- 2020 August. “The Power of Stories.” Scholastic. Virtual.
- 2020 July 9. Tang, Terry. “Asian American Girls Saw Pivotal Icon in ‘Baby-Sitters Club.’” Associated Press.
- 2020 May 4. Florence, Debbi Michiko, Sayantani DasGupta, and Sarah Park Dahlen. “Teen Scene Featuring Debbi Michiko Florence and Sayantani DasGupta.” The Loft Wordplay festival.
- 2020 April 29. Won, Jerry and Sarah Park Dahlen. “034 // Sarah Park Dahlen // Associate Professor of Library and Information Science // Children’s Books For All Children.” Dear Asian Americans podcast
- 2019 Nov 26. Moran, Lydia. “Of Mirrors and Windows.” Minnesota Women’s Press.
- 2019 July 31. “Learning Together.” Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center. See also festival organizer Lawrence-Minh Bui Davis’ interview and Washington Post coverage of the festival
- 2018 April 13. “Sarah Park Dahlen.” Asian America: The Ken Fong Podcast.
- 2017 Nov 8. Bloom, Sam. “RWW Interviews: Sarah Park Dahlen.” Reading While White.
Work with Publishers
- Expert reader (sensitivity reader)
- When You Trap a Tiger (Tae Keller) discussion guide
- Stand Up, Yumi Chung! (Jessica Kim) discussion guide
- Front Desk and Three Keys (Kelly Yang) discussion guide